From the Aspen Ideas Festival, recorded Tuesday, June 26, 2018. Jordan Peterson, author of the best-selling 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, may be one of the most famous intellectuals in North America today. He also may be among the most misunderstood. His fans say that he’s saved their lives, and detractors say that he’s the gateway drug to the alt-right. Who is this psychologist-philosopher whom so many of us had never heard of two years ago, and what does he really believe?
Jordan Peterson: You have a vision of your own ideal & you torment yourself when you aren’t matching it. – (7½ minutes)
MUST READ: This quora post – Jordan Peterson on the most valuable things everyone should know➚ – lists the 40 rules he initially wrote. Many of them have links to videos or such – WATCH THEM!
Some of his videos I have found especially interesting:
- Fix Yourself (5 minutes)
- Don’t Practice What You Do Not Want to Become & Origins of Morality (8½ minutes)
- You Have a Vision of Your Own Ideal and You Torment Yourself When You Aren’t Matching It (7½ minutes)
- Why Self Respect Is More Important Than You Think (7½ minutes)
- Jordan Peterson On Inequality and Dividing People Into Tribal Groups; Thinking Through the Worst Application of Your Theory; Growth Through Difficult Problems; Children and Happiness; Aim High and Get Your Act Together; Abortion (15¼ minutes)
- Gender “Equality” & Why Women Don’t Occupy Top Positions (13½ minutes)
- Why Males Are Increasingly Retreating Into Video Games w/ Warren Farrell (audio, 38½ minutes)
- Dr. Jordan B Peterson and Thor Bjornth on Iceland TV (26 minutes)
- On Western Women w/ Camille Paglia (21¼ minutes)
- Jordan Peterson with Femsplainers (1½ hours)
- Jordan Peterson interrogated by Helen Lewis of British GQ (1 hr. 42 mins.)
- Jordan Peterson Threatens Everything of Value In New Zealand (1 hr. 3 mins.)
Jordan B. Peterson Official Pages
Mikhaila Peterson’s YouTube Channel➚ (Jordan’s daughter)
1 hr 42 mins – Published Oct 30, 2018
Jordan speaks with an EXTREMELY ideologically driven woman. She epitomizes everything a conservative is against. Hard-core feminist. Anti-capitalist. Above all she hates the patriarchy.
(talking about the over-liberalization of college and universities nowadays)
[Jordan] Twenty-year-olds don’t have that much power, but they’re not twenty forever. Ten years later they’re thirty. Twenty years later they’re forty. And whatever happens in the university happens everywhere five years later.
[Helen] And very, very sadly for people in my politics—left-wing politics—what happens to people as they get older is that traditionally they got more conservative.
To talk sensible to a fool with precise consistency is a great achievement. Well done Jordan Peterson. – Jaron Lines
He mastered the art of raising his voice without ever raising his voice… Simply Beautiful. – D.T Nash
This video is mentioned in Femsplainers video.